News, Warrington News

Fire breaks out at Indian restaurant in Warrington

Nathan Linley

 

ROADS WERE CLOSED as a fire broke out at a derelict Indian restaurant on Tuesday night.

Firefighters tackling the blaze via cranes as the fire at this point was out of control.

The fire happened at the closed Bayleaf Restaurant in Longbarn, shortly after 6pm in the evening.
Various streets around the area were closed off by emergency services and houses were rumoured to have been evacuated.
Residents had spotted the smoke from their bedroom windows and students at the Padgate campus had witnessed the smoke coming right over the area.
One resident said that he was told by police that it was a suspected arson attack, with two kids spotted running from the scene.
Cheshire Fire Service are currently keeping a live update on the incident. It confirmed firefighters were tackling a blaze in a disused building on Harpers Road. It added that four fire engines and the aerial appliance are at the scene with firefighters, two in breathing apparatus, used main jets to begin to tackle the blaze.

Police closed nearby roads and people were advised to avoid the area.
The fire service also stated that an engine was sent to the back of Carpenter Grove in order to try and keep properties cool while firefighters tackled the initial blaze.

More to follow.

March 28, 2017

About Author

chesterjournalism