News

Two people escape with their life after Wallasey fire

Two people were saved from a burning two storey maisonette on King Street, Wallasey during the early morning on 18th November.

The fire crew arrived at the scene at 7.26am after being alerted at 7.21am.

fire-appliance-in-st-helens

A man was guided away to safety from the ground floor flat, suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.

A woman was also rescued from the maisonette. Although she was conscious she suffered from smoke inhalation.

No more injuries were reported and all the casualties were transferred to hospital by North West Ambulance Service for additional treatment.

The investigation over the fire is ongoing.

By Oscar Clarke

November 22, 2016

About Author

chesterjournalism